EFLM Task & Finish Group “Standardization of the colour coding for blood collection tube closures” (TFG-STCC) (Full member).
The aim of this project is to initiate and manage a dialog between interested parties in order to achieve the world-wide harmonization of the colour coding for blood collection tube closures and labels.
Terms of reference:
- To invite all interested manufacturers to meet for a dialog and preliminary consensus about the need for the world-wide harmonization of the colour coding for blood collection tube closures and labels.
- to draft a mutually agreed operational plan of the project for the next 4-5 years
- to produce a standardized color coding proposal agreed by all major manufacturers
- to achieve the inclusion of the standardized color coding proposal into the ISO and CLSI standards
- to support and enhance the world-wide implementation of the standard.