Montbrió del Camp (Tarragona), June 9th to 13th 2019.
Organised by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili & Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili
Preliminary Scientific Programme:
- Honorary presidential lecture: Methionine Synthase: the beating heart in a complex system.
- How DNA methylation contributes to health and disease.
- Metabolomics implicates amino acid metabolism as a key node in cardiometabolic disease pathogenesis.
- A multidisciplinary approach to understanding one carbon metabolism from the nucleus to the clinic.
- Pre-natal function/dysfunction of folate one-carbon metabolism.
- Deficiencies and excesses in one carbon metabolism and cancer.
- Genes, nutrients and interactions in the regulation of one carbon metabolism.
- One carbon metabolism and the epigenome.
- B vitamins, homocysteine and the metabolome.
- B-vitamin deficiency, vascular pathogenic mechanisms and prevention of adverse health outcomes.
- One carbon metabolism genes and inborn errors of metabolism.
- The role of one carbon metabolism in the in utero programming of early development and health.
- The effects of nutrient and metabolite interactions with the microbiome on nutrient uptake and function.
- Synthetic as compared to natural B-vitamins in health and disease.
- The links between early status in key 1C micronutrients and child health and development.
- B vitamins and chronic diseases: pathogenic mechanisms and prevention.
- Summary and closing remarks.